The next CRES SAC Meeting will be in August , 2022 at 6:00 in the Media Center.
Date: Last Monday of most months at 6:00. Check the school calendar for adjustments.
Location: Media Center
The following are the members of the School Advisory Committee for the 2021-22 school year. We would like to thank them for all of the time and effort they put into making Cypress Ridge Elementary a great place. Guests are always welcome to attend.
Parents: Rebecca Gibson, Jess Rautio (chairman), Audrey Sottile, Jacob Simpson, Stephanie Baysinger
Business/Community Members: Nicole Cassavant (vice-chairman), Amaris Turner
Teachers and Staff: Christina Caldwell, Virginia Schoenthaler (secretary)
Principal: Scott Voytko
When and where does the School Advisory Council (SAC) meet?
Typically, at 6:00 p.m. the last Monday of each month in the Media Center for approximately an hour.
Who can become a member of SAC?
Anyone with an interest in making Cypress Ridge a better school. The make-up of the SAC (number of members and percentage of community, faculty, parent, and business participation) is dictated by SAC guidelines.
What is a School Advisory Council (SAC)?
The SAC is a team of people, elected by their peers, representing various segments of the community–parents, teachers, students, administrators, support staff, business/ industry people and other interested community members. The purpose of a SAC is to assist in the preparation and evaluation (developing and evaluating) of the results of the school improvement plan (SIP) and to assist the principal with the annual school budget.
"The whole point of school improvement is data-driven decision making. The process is supposed to be fairly simple and straight forward: The SAC reviews relevant data (which is much more than test scores), identifies problem areas, develops improvement strategies, monitors their implementation, and then starts the whole process over when the next round of data is available."
In general, the SAC:
Consists of teachers, students, parents and education support personnel
Assists the principal in the school's annual budget
- Assists in the preparation and evaluation of the School Improvement Plan. (SIP). The plan is designed to achieve the state education goals and student performance standards. The plan must also address issues relative to budget, training, instructional materials, technology, staffing, student support services, and other matters of resource allocation as determined by school board policy.
- Advertises the final draft of the SIP and conducts a public review
- Approves of the expenditure of school improvement funds
- Performs functions as prescribed by regulations of the school board
- Supports school improvement implementation
- Collects and analyzes information about the community and the school and receives public input regarding needs (Needs Assessment) of the school
- SAC members attend monthly meetings
- SAC and the school's staff jointly decided on how to spend A+ recognition money
- The whole point of school improvement is data-driven decision making. The SAC reviews relevant data (which is much more than test scores), identifies problem areas, develops improvement strategies, monitors their implementation, and then starts the whole process over when the next round of data is available.
SAC Does Not:
- Have any of the powers and duties reserved by law for the school board or its staff.
- Have any state mandates other than those prescribed by the accountability legislation.
More information is available at: http://florida-family.net/SAC